looking for a software... same as hardlinks functionality.

allouh

I have multiple files scattered through my harddisk in different directories and drives and some located on DVD disks, i want to process these files as they are from the same directory, without having to change any file's location.

The only way i thought for this to have a software that can mount a selected collection of files to a virtual Drive/folder/...etc

I looked for a software that can do this but i didn't find any.

so the other way to look for is a type of image like an iso image that only contains files path instead of the actual files that can be mounted and used.

I found many image types, and it's very hard to look through each image specific software and check if it has the desired option or not.

So can anyone help me looking for a software that can do such a thing.

Hardlinks can do this if the files are on an NTFS partition only so it wont be useful when i have files on DVD disks.

Note that what i am looking for is to process files not directories.

regards.

It sounds to me like you want some sort of "offline explorer" software, where a catalog or cache is made of the directory contents.

I've seen this done with video files using Ant Movie Catalog, image files using ACDSee Pro Photo Manager, and is a common feature to FTP software.