Windows Freezes At Startup

Guest itags.org

Guest itags.org

Recently, my computer has begun to freeze when starting up, after having been shutdown for a decent amount of time (eg. Overnight).

The computer loads up a few lines of prompt in the beginning and freezes,

even before reaching the Windows load screen. It can only be temporarily fixed by resetting the computer 4 or 5 times until it proceeds to load up Windows normally.

Also recently, my computer would load up to the windows loading screen with the moving tab, and when done would automatically reset. I had fixed it by running a "scnchk /r" via the Recovery Mode while using the Windows CD in the Cd drive.

A few days later, the above problem started occuring. I attempted to run another "scnchk /r", but I cannot seem to be able to reach the menu to select Recovery Mode.

I also tried to solve the problem by updating my BIOS, but it hasnt seemed to help. :thumbup :thumbup 200908011159520457.gif

Edited by itags.org

• 1 month later...

have you attempted to boot the system in safe mode? if so what results? if this hangs on a file let us know which file. if it hangs before you can press f8 to bring up your os load choices I would try to run either a RAM testing utility like memtest86 or one of the hard drive check utilities found of the ultimatebootcd found here http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/