Office 2003 administrative image

Shuji

Hi to everyone, I'm currently maintaining an administrative image of Office 2003. How do I know which updates I need to apply to my pro11.msi file?

Before, I would first install Office 2003 to a PC and go to Office Updates to see which updates I need. Recently, Microsoft removed Office Updates and combined it with Microsoft Updates. I have a feeling that Microsoft Updates is not giving me the correct info because even if I've already patched my .msi file, the updates still show in Microsoft Updates.

Please help know an easy way to know which updates I need or have already applied to my administrative image. Thank you very much.

Microsoft Update shows correctly which hotfixes you need to integrate, but it has a bug and it can not detect that you already applied hotfixes. Use Office Integrator for applying updates and your problem will be solved. You can find link in my signature.

Cheers ;)

Microsoft Update shows correctly which hotfixes you need to integrate, but it has a bug and it can not detect that you already applied hotfixes. Use Office Integrator for applying updates and your problem will be solved. You can find link in my signature.

Cheers ;)

Mara, thank you very much for your reply. Surely, office integrator is very helpful in applying service packs and hotfixes. Using office integrator, will I know which hotfixes is missing in my AIP? I think this is my main concern: How to know which hotfixes you have not yet applied. It is very easy to forget what hotfixes you have already applied and I have a feeling the Microsoft Updates is giving me wrong information. Thanks.

Cheers ;)

Mara, thank you very much for your reply. Surely, office integrator is very helpful in applying service packs and hotfixes. Using office integrator, will I know which hotfixes is missing in my AIP? I think this is my main concern: How to know which hotfixes you have not yet applied. It is very easy to forget what hotfixes you have already applied and I have a feeling the Microsoft Updates is giving me wrong information. Thanks.

If you integrate using Office Integrator, Microsoft Update will show correct updates, updates you need to integrate. So, you can know which update you need by using Microsoft Update. Then you download them all, integrate it, and then you install Office on the system. After that, go again on Microsoft Update to check if your Office is up to date.

Cheers ;)