[Solved] Local network area trouble

Knowtwo

Hi there!

I've been here under another nick, but somehow I could log in, and I ended up making that account unusable before I realised that login worked much better in Iexplorer 6. :P

Discovering nLite made me start a long and tiresome, but much rewarding odyssey of making that perfect XP installation, underways I've learned a lot, made lots of nifty things and code snippets and solved technical problems which would have scared the s*** out of me years earlier. All thanks to nLite, because it provided me with an entrance point which made even a non-technical entity like myself feel somewhat empowered and self-confident.

SO thumbs up to Nuhi and his program, as well as you guys that has made the community and provided assistance and brilliant add-ons. Highly appreciated! :thumbup

But down to the business. It seems like this is the final stumbling block, hopefully it comes down to emoving or selecting something in nLite.

This is the case: Connecting to my (virtualized) machine (with the new nLited install) from other machines on the LAN somehow doesn't work. When trying to connect a password box come up, effectively blocking entrance.

Oh, wait a minute.

[solved] This solved itself even before I put up the posting asking for help! Perhaps spelling out the problem helped thinking in correct ways. The solution? Run Network setup wizard on the newly installed machine! How delishiously amateurish to forget that. PERFECT XP INSTALL, HERE I COME! Finally! Happy days!

Just wanted to put it up anyways in case someone else has the same problem. :rolleyes:

Cheers, all, thanks for your time. :hello: