Upgrade to Windows 7 without installing XP

Is it possible to somehow Modify the Windows 7 upgrade disc with my pre activated XP OEMBIOS files, so that i could do a clean install of Windows 7 without Installing XP then upgrade to it?

According to Microsoft, in order to install Win7 from upgrade media, you have to have a qualifying previous version of Windows installed and activated. This would mean you'd have to physically have the XP bits on the hard disk, and that install would have to be activated. You could do a clean install with Vista upgrade media previously, but Vista upgrades were possible from XP directly, whereas they are not with Win7 (Win7 does a "clean install" for the upgrade - the "upgrade" media will "upgrade" XP insomuch as it will clean install Win7 only on a machine with an existing/activated XP install). Can this be worked around? Honestly, I don't know - I don't have an XP machine around anymore to try, but you could always try to use the Win7 media on a clean disk and see what happens. I know Win7 doesn't ask for an XP CD (or any other CD, for that matter) when you click "upgrade" and it does it's check, so Microsoft is likely correct in that it will actually have to be installed onto machines with a pre-existing OS activated for it to work.