Unable to add drivers from disk due to unattended configuration?!

picard

Hi,

i used nLite to create a cd for unattended setup. But for any reason, it seems not to be possible to add my SAS-driver by pressing F6 at boot time.

Windows is asking for the driver and i'm also able to select and format the target disc (so the driver is already active). But after formatting, windows begins to copy all files to disc and at this stage it seems to fail to access the driver-files. It shows a message, that the copying of the file fails.

I set up a fully automated unattended setup, any ideas what the reason could be for this behaviour?

Best regards, picard

The "Full Unattended"-Install and "F6"-Option won`t work together.

If you want a "Full Unattended" you need to integrate the drivers as textmode.

If you need german support, look my signature.

picard, if you would like to continue here, please post the error you are getting (screen shot, if possible) and please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

For sure, it is no longer fully unattended. But the problem exists anyway. I would like at least to save effort for typing serial/language and all the other options.

For me this seems to be a bug/failure.

Target of this operation is a xp64-volume disc. The driver i tried to add is for the Dell Precision 690 LSI-SAS adapter.

I even tried to integrate this driver, but with a cd prepared that way, setup crashes with a bluescreen.

Again: Just by deactivating "unattended"-node from nLite, everything works, so the driver is ok.

Hopefully it is possible to fix/explore the problem.

Best regards, picard

I will post more detailled information on monday, i have to finish now... sorry, but thanks for any help.

picard, if you would like to continue here, please post the error you are getting (screen shot, if possible) and please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

picard, we will be looking forward to getting more information. I think your experiences are not an nLite failure/bug. I am running XP x64 and do many many installs on my VMware VM for testing. It is completely unattended, although I do include text mode drivers, a VM environment does not test drivers. In general more information is better than less, so please give us a screen shot of any errors you are getting (if possible), and the BSOD error code - perhaps 07B (probably text mode driver problem). Enjoy, John.

I unpack the megasas driver into the textmode folder

copy the megasas.sys into the root i386 and drivers folder

update txtsetup.sif with the driver info

and then update the winnt.sif with the noun established for megasas in the txtsetup SCSI section

"LSI MegaRAID SAS RAID Controller Driver (Windows XP)"- by default

*i use the windows xp because the thats what my PE is built on - seemed to play nicer if you have not attempted to integrate the available versions of the generic LSI driver I would certainly recommend so. Dells repackaging of every server driver has caused us more grief than good.

• 2 weeks later...

The problem is solved now. It was really a strange behavior, but it was caused by the dell-driver. I downloaded the native driver from LSI (SAS1068). With this one integrated, everything works as expected.

So thanks for all your support.

Picard