XPSP3 image not booting

Spada

Hello All, and thanks in advance.

I've pulled down all data from our XPSP3 CD from Dell. Added all of the driver packs I needed. Then I went and created bootable iso in Nlite and burned to HDD. Burned from there to DVD. However it is not booting when I stick it in our test computer. Thoughts?

Last Session Attached

LAST_SESSION.INI

Spada, well, to begin with you have run nLite under Vista to create an XP ISO. That is probably not going to work. Next, you have over 700 drivers (!!!???) and NO text mode drivers - and no hot fixes. Do you not have a RAID or your HDDs on a SATA controller? How did you burn your ISO? If not with nLite, you probably don't have a proper boot sector. Have you run nLite more than once against the same source folder? I think it would help you a lot to spend a few days reading these forums to see the kinds of problems others are having. I'll leave you with my standard inculcation: Please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Thanks for attaching your Last Session - don't need to do that again until your next problem. Enjoy, John.

Actually, it ended up being a bios configuration and jumpers (2 dvd drives, BIOS was confused). It is one of our backup systems so naturally it has been pieced together. Ran into another issue with setupdd.sys BSOD'ing me out, but this is a memory related thing. So working through that ATM.

I will say that even using windows 7 to create the XP disk, it is working! Which is awesome. I have over 700 drivers because basically what we are doing is making an uber loaded XP source for our vanilla image before we expand by up to 70 computers next month as our plant in india opens. I don't want to fly to india to install WLAN drivers if I can avoid it ;)

Using a package like this in cooperation with FOG to hopefully be able to do a remote overseas rebuild in under a half hour. Without leaving my desk.

All power to the nerdy people right?

Edited by Spada

Yeah I read through that. The purpose is just to see if what I want to do will work, then find something that is licensed for that. If that's not ok let me know, and I'll stop my testing, don't want to step on any toes. So if I'm in error just testing to see if the idea will work (didn't want to pay for something just to find out the whole process doesn't work) just shoot me a reply on here.

If it's just for drivers then I would go look at bashrats driver packs. (Personnaly I think it is superior to nLites driver proccess)

There are a handfull of free apps for this same thing in the device drivers section.

Not sure what you mean by:

(didn't want to pay for something just to find out the whole process doesn't work)

Becuase nLite is free and to my knowledge Nuhi never let anyone pay for corporate use.

Edit:

By looking at you last session I see you are some what familiar with the driverpacks. Why not stick with those?

Edited by Kelsenellenelvian