Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

delicatepc

Booting BOOTMGR from syslinux/UBCD?

hey edge,

goldstick 1.41 should work with syslinux 3.83. Im fairly sure i tested with it.

are you running goldstick command after you update the syslinux.exe file? this should be irrelevant but thought I would ask.

out of curiousity what changes are you trying to get into goldstick? a month or so ago I sent an updated set of files to add to goldstick to the share. have you tried a complete fresh install of gs onto a usb stick? and are you using usb stick or hdd?

dpc

I'm using a USB stick. First I tried just copying the updated syslinux files onto my flash drive and when that didn't work I ran the Goldstick.cmd command to reinstall all the files with the updated syslinux files. The changes I'm trying to make are loading a WIM file that has WinRE/ERD Commander for Win 7. Do you still have access to the MS network? If so I could share out my version of the goldstick.

Still working on edge with this but i think i know what is happening...

Sandisk or specifically usb sticks with the U3 software may be causing the issue with their multiple partitions kind of setup. I believe U3 would have to be removed BOOTMGR to successfully located the BCD.

I have tried edge's build and works normally for me.

dpc

Hi, I have got a question about the tutorial. I would like to add Active Boot Disk and ESET SysRescue to my multiboot DVD (which I'm creating using http://www.911cd.net/forums//index.php?showtopic=21956&hl=have+the+same+Joliet+name ). I runed the script on Windows XP, and I got an error, that I haven't bcdedit command. I know, that the command is in Windows Vista and 7. My question is, if I can do my DVD on Windows XP or should I use Windows 7 or maybe there is an other method to add Bootmgr files to UBCD