Cant find normaliz.dll

certifiedtek

certifiedtek, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Please report when you have a solution, so others can benefit. Enjoy, John.

• 2 weeks later...

b-rob, have you searched your original CD folder for normaliz.dll, and confirmed it is there? It may be named normaliz.dl_. Does your update pack contain IE8? If not, you are adding updates to IE8 and it is not installed. I see you have updates to WMP11 but no installation of WMP11. Do you have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your machine? My suggestion to see if you can get off the ground is to remove everything from your hot fix section, build an ISO and see if it will install. I hope you are using a virtual system (e.g. VirtualPC, VIrtualBox and VMware Server - all free) for testing. Enjoy, John.

b-rob, have you searched your original CD folder for normaliz.dll, and confirmed it is there? It may be named normaliz.dl_. Does your update pack contain IE8? If not, you are adding updates to IE8 and it is not installed. I see you have updates to WMP11 but no installation of WMP11. Do you have booogy's WMP11 Slipstreamer installed on your machine? My suggestion to see if you can get off the ground is to remove everything from your hot fix section, build an ISO and see if it will install. I hope you are using a virtual system (e.g. VirtualPC, VIrtualBox and VMware Server - all free) for testing. Enjoy, John.

I searched both my nLite folder and orginal CD for the normaliz.dll (and even anything named n*). nothing was found, It can't be my cd because I have made an image last week that worked successfully, so i am guessing it is one of the addons.

b-rob, normaliz.dll is part of IE7/8, I think. If you do not have either installed, then that is your problem. I searched my original CDs (SP1 and SP2 XP x64) and there was no normaliz.dll, but my nLited folder does have it and I have included an IE8 AddOn. You are probably missing IE8. Include the proper AddOn for IE8 (direct integration does not work for IE8 or WMP11) and see if it will install. Be sure to place the IE8 AddOn above the updates. If you are going to leave the update pack, do some research and see what it contains. IE7/8 are not included in any SP. Please let us know how you make out. Enjoy, John.

EDIT: Indeed, normaliz.dll is contained in my IE8 AddOn.

Edited by johnhc

b-rob, mine is for XP x64 and would not work for you. I assumed you knew about AddOns since you had so many. Try this one. Please read the particulars about updates it contains so you don't add them also. Enjoy, John.