reverse integration problem

bfc_xxx

I tried the reverse integration method to integrate the SP2 in Vista Source.

I followed all the steps and I managed to integrate SP1+SP2+IE8 in Vista Source and Home Premium Edition. I replaced the new INSTALL.WIM, burned the image and all are working fine.

Then I tried to go one step further and add anothe image in INSTALL.WIM. I installed Vista Ultimate in audit mode, installed SP1+SP2+IE8 and I used the imagex with "/append" switch to append my image. I replaced the new INSTALL.WIM and burned the image.

Now when I try to start the install with the new media when I go to the step that I have to type my product key and I leave it black and select "next", I got a message that says "that setup cannot display the images" and quits.

Can anyone explain this?

Probably there's no catalog or no EULA text matching your install on the media, because that's what setup is about to check (the catalog, for versioning) and the EULA directories (for a EULA matching your installation type with your language).

I ran into that same kind of issues basicly what was happening for me was that i did everything correctly but the install did know what install images to list so i download this program called gimagex then I ran it then I clicked on the tab change and then located my install.wim file and then selected witch version I wanted to fix so for example vista ultimate then I Typed Vista Ultimate SP2 in each line and selected the SKU flag Ultimate and then checked the box Boot and Check then clicked chage. I let it run and then did the same thing for each version I had in my install.wim file so in my case I had to do it for Ultimate, Home Basic, Home Premium and Buisness after that it worked for me. give that a try that could fix it.

I ran into that same kind of issues basicly what was happening for me was that i did everything correctly but the install did know what install images to list so i download this program called gimagex then I ran it then I clicked on the tab change and then located my install.wim file and then selected witch version I wanted to fix so for example vista ultimate then I Typed Vista Ultimate SP2 in each line and selected the SKU flag Ultimate and then checked the box Boot and Check then clicked chage. I let it run and then did the same thing for each version I had in my install.wim file so in my case I had to do it for Ultimate, Home Basic, Home Premium and Buisness after that it worked for me. give that a try that could fix it.

YES!!! IT WORKED. Thank you very much. I couldn't imagine that solution. Thank you!!!