A consult on packaging software

Hi everybody,

I have an Encarta 2006 DVD (2.8GB) that I wanted to repack and (if possible) avoid setup. exe starting and then running a bunch of other processes I had no control over in my batch file. Namely I tried sleep. exe and timeout.exe, but still the following programs continued the install and got interrupted.

So, a friend told me there was an open source software to repack the whole DVD into one installer and run only one process, but couldn't remember the name. I wouldn't mind the option of selecting the components to be installed. I tried the Advanced Installer, but unfortunately it is limited to 2GB total and no larger pieces than 64k (otherwise cool).

I would appreciate any idea, no matter how crazy it sounds (this is my final step in creating my own CD)

Thank you beforehand.

I've already tried search and the administrative install option mentioned there. It only gives a few options for tweaks like pop-up screens for e.g., but it doesn't allow me to choose which parts not to install. I even tried making a .MST file using the Office 2003 tools for administrative install of Office. It created a .MST file, but it didn't work.

I use Installshield Repackager - not free.

However, I think there are old versions of WinInstall LE that are still around and I believe it also advertises a repackaging function as discussed (basically it scans your box. then you install and make your changes, it scans again and packages the difference):

http://www.msfn.org/board/lofiversion/index.php/t48327.html