Slipstreamed Vista SP1 is not recognized

OldGrantonian

I have Vista Home Premium 32-bit, on Dell Inspiron 6400.

I used vLite to slipstream my Dell OEM DVD with SP1. The process completed with no error messages.

But when I used the DVD to try a repair install, I got the message: "Upgrade has been disabled. Upgrade to a more recent version than the one you are currently running."

This implies that the SP1 on the DVD was not recognized.

Any advice?

sure, the Sp1 is integrated but not completely installed. Several updated packages (all Windows functions are grouped as packages starting with Vista) are still pending to be installed. But if you use the WAIK reverse integration method to integrate the Sp1, the Sp1 installer makes several restarts and so the Sp1 is fully installed.

Why do you want to make a upgrade?

Why do you want to make a upgrade?

I don't wan't to make an upgrade :)

I want to do a "repair install". This is the process where you (normally) insert the original OS DVD while Vista is still running. You can keep your current settings and programs. (During the repair, messages refer to "upgrade". Don't ask my why :) )

A "repair install" is described here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/88236-re...ista.html?ltr=R

My Vista has been upgraded to SP1. So I cannot do a repair install with the original DVD. I must first uninstall SP1. Then do the repair. Then re-install SP1. I'm not a techy. All this is explained here:

http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/151606-v...lation-dvd.html

Sorry if all that is confusing. It certainly confuses me :)

So, that's why I want to slipstream SP1 into my Dell OEM DVD.

...if you use the WAIK reverse integration method to integrate the Sp1, the Sp1 installer makes several restarts and so the Sp1 is fully installed.

I don't know how to do your "reverse integration" method. Could you please provide a link :)