how do I implement ite it8211 ata atapi controller driver to setup dis

lansing

I have an annoying issue upon installing Windows 7.

Every time I'm trying to install win 7, before anything on the setup process, it always ask me to install this ite it8211 ata atapi controller driver for the storage drives, but the only options it gets to let me choose are to install it with the floppy drive, usb drive, or the temporary drive for the setup files. And since I don't have a floppy drive, and my flash drive was broken, I'm really don't know how to get pass this thing, and it's getting frustrating.

I just want to know if I could just add this driver into the setup disc to do it automatically?

Edited by lansing

You can use DSIM from the Windows 7 AIK to add and remove drivers to an offline image. Download the Windows 7 AIK and read the help files about DSIM, it's in there. Or, you can *try* to use vLite, although vLite and Windows 7 don't get along 100% of the time so caveat emptor if you go that route.

thanks for the help, I checked the WAIK package, but its 1.4G of download scared me away. And luckly, my cell phone has usb storage and I was able to load it during the setup, yay.

And for anyone who has difficulty installing with this annoying problem, I've uploaded this driver here, just unzip it and put it into your flash drive, and everything should be good

ite_sata_v10.zip