Microphone Volume levels too low when have multiple mic's

brandon6976

Hey everyone, I've had this issue before however its becoming an issue now. Basically I have this issue on multiple PC's and multiple IT co-workers have had this in the past but no idea how to fix.

Whats happening is when I have a microphone on the computer it say works fine off the webcam. However if i want to plugin a headset so I can use it more in a more private fashion what happens is the the mic on the headset seems sooo low that no one can hear unless I go tapping the mic hard so someone can hear the tapping but no voice, even with the sensitivity cranked to 100%.

I've played all over the place trying to figure out why windows does this, its not really related to the application as I've noticed over multiple applications that use the mic the same thing happens.

Assuming the multiple machines don't have dedicated sound cards, then sound needs to be activated from the BIOS. Then in the windows set-up check if the sound is being given total control via each application. For example in Skype, it needs to take over the microphone controls and sometimes it will ramp the microphone down to zero.

If you are sometimes using the web cam microphone and other times the MoBo sound card plug in, are these then being changed in Control Panel/Sound settings?

Sorry, didn't mean to be too basic. What software is driving the MoBo sound? If Realtech, they put out numerous updates, at one stage every 2-3 weeks correcting faults. Certainly worth getting the manufacturers latest sound software and not via Windows update.

Are there Earphone/microphone (pink/green) plugs in more than one place? If so, check the MoBo Data sheet to make sure both are activated.

Failing all that, what about trying a USB based microphone headset. The Logitech G35, while expensive will make for a wonderful experience!

Edited by Kotuku