user variables

how do i add user variables such as %temp% or %tmp%, which already exist in all windows systems.

I wish to add SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1 into my unattended windows, but i have no idea how. does anybody know?

That all depends!

What OS and version?

At which stage of the installation you feel it necessary to implement the change.

What method(s) you are currently using to deploy the OS.

The best method for me would to be to use WMIC, (which requires at least XP Professional), but you could choose to add the data to the appropriate registry key at the appropriate time or alternatively run a vbscript or third party utility.

The more useful the information provided by you in your question the greater the likelihood of more useful responses!

XP SP3, and I need the user variable only after windows is installed, that means, past-installation, where the start button is clickable. I'll take a look at WMIC. I'll do whatever method's most convenient. Just so you know, SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS=1 disables security warning message when opening .vbs scripts. I personally find it annoying and unnecessary. Nothing more to it.

Just remember what I said:

WMIC, (which requires at least XP Professional)
Home Edition doesn't have WMIC.

Here is the single line code you'll need to achieve your goal.

WMIC ENVIRONMENT CREATE Name="SEE_MASK_NOZONECHECKS",UserName="<SYSTEM>",VariableValue="1"

Bear in mind that if you've never used WMIC before on that system a short delay will occur whilst it is 'installed' in order to run the code.

• 2 weeks later...