how to upgrade from 2003 to 2003 SP3?

colore

hello

do I need to upgrade firstly to SP2 and then to SP3 of Office 2003?

also, do I need an SP3 specific for my language of Office?

last, is there SP4? and do I really need to upgrade my Office 2003 to SP3?

thanks

Edited by colore

It's best to run your service pack updates one at a time in order. That way to lessen the chance of something going wrong. I don't think you'll need one that's language specific as long as it comes from Microsoft you should be good to go. Best bet is if you can get it in multi-language and English isn't your native language then you should be fine. No there is no SP4 to my knowledge. Yes you do need to update to SP3 to ensure your office package is running its best and is at its most secure status, to help prevent hackers getting into your system and keep your office package running as stable as possible.

Actually, SP3 is cumulative and includes SP1 and SP2 as well. Hence, if I had a clean Office 2003 install without any SP's installed, then I would ONLY install SP3 and skip SP1 and SP2 - this would be a cleaner.

Still cleaner would be to integrate (or "slipstream") SP3 into the Office install source, then install. Use the integrators or slipstreamers found in the pinned topics in this section. I actually prefer to do it manually. See this.

And yes, you SHOULD install SP3 because it includes security updates and stability updates.

There is not an SP4 yet. Haven't heard of any plans that there will be one.