Where To Start To Create An Unattended XP

Hello guys.

I'm trying to create a Windows XP (SP3) Automatic/Unattended Installer with as many as possible HotFixes (Post-SP3) Integrated + (Some) Drivers + (Some) Apps.

All that for two versions: English AND Spanish (two separate ISOs obviously)

As far as i see it, i have 4 taks:

1) Download Post SP3 Hotfixes.

2) Integrate Post SP3 hotfixes.

3) Integrate Drivers (Wireless, Ethernet, Chipset, Sound)

4) Integrate Applications (Firefox, Thunderbird, OpenOffice, Gimp, ImgBurn, Irfanview, Skype, Messenger, Logmein, FoxPDF, etc)

The problem is that googling around, there many different ways to do each task.

Many seem old guides (but i don't know if still valid), some apply only to english (Ryans Integrator?), etc.

So my question is, what is the recommended (most actual/simpler/etc) method for each task?

I'm not asking for a guide for each, that would be great, but at least a pointer to what the recommended options are.

Thanks.

Edited by kwanbis

Well, the easiest for you would probably be to use nLite to integrate a post-SP3 update-pack(RVMs/Xables etc.), your drivers, pre-made program-addons, and then setup unattended settings and possibly remove unwanted components...

There are a wealth of info to read-up on, about how to use nLite + a dedicated MSFN sub-forum...

Hi kwanbis...

I know this may be a bit late but, look here -> Unattended Windows.

Read thru the guide and I'm sure you will be able to assemble a new (customized) ISO image to your satisfaction.

Mike :)

I figured I would add this:

As far as i see it, i have 4 taks:

1) Download Post SP3 Hotfixes...2) Integrate Post SP3 hotfixes...3) Integrate Drivers...4) Integrate Applications

1)

This is easy, use either of these tools - (there are a few more).

AutoPatcher

Windows Updates Downloader

2), 3), 4),

2), 3), and 4) are easily accomplished by following the guide (closely, the tasks can become complicated).

Edited by gUiTaR_mIkE