Will MS ever enable fly-out Start Menu submenus by default...?

Volatus

I started using 98 when I was three, then jumped to xp. And the transition was easy, mostly because 9x's and xp's are alike. But Vista came out which is one of the hardest transition of people from xp, as vista and xp's GUI aren't so much alike. But what's good with vista is it is very very id***-friendly (no offense to the people who thinks their idiots). That makes me think MS wants non-pc people to migrate to PC badly as a business target. This is the evolution of Windows OS, which actually follows Microsoft's Business plan.

Hey, remember Longhorn? They had fly-out submenus back then, even at build 5048's start menu(the search bar built-in-the-start menu's debut). Frankly, I think they actually want it out. As they would be introducing a better replacement. Although that replacement is Vista's start menu, there is still not enough reason for it to completely replace the flyout submenu concept.

Just read something at wiki: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Windows_Vista

Note: (Vista's original codename, "Longhorn", was an allusion to this plan: While Whistler and Blackcomb are large ski resorts in British Columbia, Longhorn is the name of a bar between the two mountains that Whistler's visitors pass to reach Blackcomb.) Which actuallly supports, that vista is a transition of the consumer from xp to windows 7. Without vista the user would be clueless if jumps off to windows 7 from xp. Just like someone being brought from whistler to blackcomb (ski resort) without him knowing.

cluberti:(im no position to say this actually) But this topic is kinda in the wrong forum. But interesting topic though.

Edited by kickass94