reg2inf

phpjunkie

I keep seeing this app that will help you import registry entries and now I'm wandering if any of you know about reg.exe in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 folder that is designed to do all of this for you. You DON'T need some 3RD PARTY program to do this.

All you have to do is add a line similar to the one below to your RunOnce tab in your Unattended options or add this to a batch file.

\REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Setup\7.0" /v DoNotAllowIE70 /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f

For examples of command line switches type reg /? in your Command Prompt window.

I tried and tested with VirtualBox (Virtual Machine Software like VMWare) and it worked flawlessly.

I have 290 reg files with all my settings and tweaks. Easier to use Reg File Merger and make 1 file that I import at runonce than adding 290 lines to my runonce. ;)

Edited by -X-

• 2 years later...

I have 290 reg files with all my settings and tweaks. Easier to use Reg File Merger and make 1 file that I import at runonce than adding 290 lines to my runonce. ;)

Someone created a file called "reg2inf.exe" that was "commandline"-driven...hope he doesn't mind, but i wrote a GUI for it...

Please note that the original "reg2inf"-file is embedded into the GUI, so you don't need the original "reg2inf.exe"-file...

Reg2InfGui.zip

Edited by RobinHood