Wallpaper before login

fredmsfn

Hi guys,

I remember maybe a few years back someone found a way to set the wallpaper so it shows before logging in? They found out about this because a HP or OEM machine did this, and found a reg hack to enable it?

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Set the desktop you want to use on the logon screen as your user's desktop. Then open the registry editor, and go to HKCU\Control Panel and export the Desktop key to a registry file. Open the registry file with notepad and do a search-and-replace to replace all instances of "HKEY_CURRENT_USER" with "HKEY_USERS\.default". Then open the registry file. Reboot and it should all be good.

Hi guys,

I remember maybe a few years back someone found a way to set the wallpaper so it shows before logging in? They found out about this because a HP or OEM machine did this, and found a reg hack to enable it?

Cheers

This might help you.

Link

Hi guys,

Cheers

You can do this with tweekUI, i've done it on my pc at home, i think you might have to change your login to the old win2000 style, you can do that in user accounts. :thumbup