French Canadian Language Pack

Jeff146

Hi,

I have a question in regards to the French Canadian Language Pack for Vista.

I have access to the Volume Licensing site but I am not able to find where the French Canadian Language Pack is located.

Can someone let me know the exact file name that I need to download to get the French Canadian Language Pack, that would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Jeff

http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t488...-available.html

From help documents for Office 2003 installation-->For users in Québec, install the French MUI Pack, set the installation language to Canadian French, set the user interface and Help language to French, and enable Canadian French and Canadian English for editing.

I dont know how/why they offer public links to iso(s) built for their customers (hosted on the microsoft site), but if they are not supposed to be freely available feel free to take down my post :)

Edited by iamtheky

couldnt tell you, I was more hunting to educate myself as well. Everywhere I looked talked about 'additional settings' for the quebecois

all my gatherings of the Vista french language pack happened in the past hour. Tout cela grace a vous, merci.

I did not however see different French flavors of the 2003 MUI set, they were selections from within the pack.

Does this include the Canadian French as well?

There is no Canadian French MUI, just a generic French one. Most of the differences between the 2 (monetary format and the like) depend on the location you've set (under "Regional and Language options", click "Change the country or region"). Keyboard layouts are also independent of any MUI packs.

If you have Vista Ultimate, all the MUI packs should be listed as available updates.

Does this include the Canadian French as well?

There is no Canadian French MUI, just a generic French one. Most of the differences between the 2 (monetary format and the like) depend on the location you've set (under "Regional and Language options", click "Change the country or region"). Keyboard layouts are also independent of any MUI packs.

If you have Vista Ultimate, all the MUI packs should be listed as available updates.

Thanks a lot. That clears up a lot of confusion. I guess they changed it from how it was from Windows XP.