how can I install winxp pro sp2 on HCL GLOBAL LINE 2700 SO server?

coolday

What the hell is the Intel® Deployment Assistant 2.5 for Intel®Server Board S5000VSA CD?

The link you provided to to the drivers contained a link to this page. It explains some and has a link to a Read Me with more. Please take a look.

I suspect few here have much experience with server boards, so I am not sure where to go from here. Again, I suggest you run the experiment with the correct SATA/SAS/RAID driver for the HDD you are installing on and let us know what happens. Enjoy, John.

coolday, we are really poking around here, because we don't understand what you are doing. Do you mean for the HDD to show at install time, and if so, why? If you mean after install, then the third one needs to be enabled in your BIOS as well as the controller. Please tell us as much as you can. Enjoy, John.

Ok

There are 3 fijitsu hdd on this server. I could install windows 2008 server beta by using Intel® Deployment Assistant CD. While booting I used control+H to configure and create virtual raid disks using LSI MegaRaid Bios Configuration utiity. I did the automatic mode so it took two hdd and left one. In other words it used 67 + 67 GB of space (two hdd) and left one. It used raid 5 system. Now I want to use the other HDD (67gb). How should I do?

Edited by coolday

coolday, I still don't understand. Do you want to use the third HDD in you RAID? Do you want to install on it? Do you already have Windows installed and now you want to have access to the third HDD? Are all three HDDs on the same comptroller? I am really LOST. Enjoy, John.

If you want to create RAID-5 you will have to use all of your 3 HDDs.

If you have created a RAID with 2 HDDs (and left 1 HDD) it will be RAID-0 or RAID-1.

That`s not what you wanted - but you did it...

There is no way to change your 2-HDD-RAID to RAID-5 (with 3 HDDs).

It`s still unclear how you create your RAID.

I´m used to create my RAID in the BIOS - no drivers or OS is needed.