Possible to downgrade Presario CQ50-108EO Vista to XP ?

tdt58

Hi !

I have a Presario CQ50-108EO with Vista Home. Wants to install XP-Pro, but can't get it to work. Have read about this and I know that it is possible, but I'm not an expert on this so need help. Have read that the way to do it is to slipstreame a XP-CD with the needed drivers. Have also read that it's difficult to find all the drivers because HP don't put them out. Is there any place I can download a finish XP-CD with the right drivers to this laptop ? I want XP in english. I have my own CD-key. Any tips or help out here ? Thanks alot for reading this ! I will be very happy for any respons. :rolleyes: Sorry for my bad english !

Many thanks from Morten in Norway.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

I have a Presario CQ50-108EO with Vista Home. Wants to install XP-Pro, but can't get it to work. Have read about this and I know that it is possible, but I'm not an expert on this so need help. Have read that the way to do it is to slipstreame a XP-CD with the needed drivers. Have also read that it's difficult to find all the drivers because HP don't put them out. Is there any place I can download a finish XP-CD with the right drivers to this laptop ? I want XP in english. I have my own CD-key. Any tips or help out here ? Thanks alot for reading this ! I will be very happy for any respons. :rolleyes: Sorry for my bad english !

Many thanks from Morten in Norway.

Sorry - even though you have a key, as you say, downloading an image of any Windows OS is technically illegal in most countries. I have to close this down - if you do find media you can use legally, please feel free to post back with any issues you may have with getting things working. Sorry, the rules are the rules.

[Closed].