CDMA MODEM LOCKED DUE TO MY FAULT

Hi,

I have a SIT_1x_usbMODEM that is locked by service provider because i uninstalled and reinstalled the MODEM while removing the NEW SIM too many times. This led to the service Provider (TATA) to lock the Modem.

No local shops have knowledge about the USB MODEM in the "IT City of Hyderabad". They call the city, an IT HUB. But they cannot rectify a small problem with the USB MODEM. Most of them cant even recognize it and say that it is PEN DRIVE until I show them the SIM. If I can get the unlock code, I can use it through AT command to use the MODEM.

The MODEM is CDMA based and uses Qualcomm Technology drivers and there is no such thing that only the SIM provided with the device is to be used.

I have asked the call center to give me the unlock code but they wont. They want me to come over to their service center. But I cant leave my one man business pursuing them. I spent 2600INR on it and then 300 on the SIM. Now I am repenting. I could have put some extra money and got a GPRS phone and use the hack my friends use to access the internet for free! But I go by rules.

Anybody having idea about this, please help me.

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 10:16:20 PM IST

Hi,

I have a SIT_1x_usbMODEM that is locked by service provider because i uninstalled and reinstalled the MODEM while removing the NEW SIM too many times. This led to the service Provider (TATA) to lock the Modem.

No local shops have knowledge about the USB MODEM in the "IT City of Hyderabad". They call the city, an IT HUB. But they cannot rectify a small problem with the USB MODEM. Most of them cant even recognize it and say that it is PEN DRIVE until I show them the SIM. If I can get the unlock code, I can use it through AT command to use the MODEM.

The MODEM is CDMA based and uses Qualcomm Technology drivers and there is no such thing that only the SIM provided with the device is to be used.

I have asked the call center to give me the unlock code but they wont. They want me to come over to their service center. But I cant leave my one man business pursuing them. I spent 2600INR on it and then 300 on the SIM. Now I am repenting. I could have put some extra money and got a GPRS phone and use the hack my friends use to access the internet for free! But I go by rules.

Anybody having idea about this, please help me.

--

Regards,

DreamSkape

Signed: Thursday, March 05, 2009, 10:16:20 PM IST

By the way, when I was searching the Internet, I found that once unlocked, i can use other CDMA SIM can also be used with the MODEM. Can this be the reason that they are not revealing the code on phone?