right click/properties freezes pc

kewe02

im running windows xp media center sp3....on some desk top icons if i right click and select properties the pc freezes. i get the usual send error report to microsoft message and then a drwatson message appears. i can do a crtl alt del to get the task mgr. and end the dr watson process and the screen flashes and all works again. any ideas ?? thks ken

The Thing About You'll Problem Posters, Once Your Problem Is Successfully Solved There Is No Sign Of You'll Or Any Means Of Gratitude.....However:

There are several reasons to why you are getting these errors, If this has started recently it could be attributed to a newly installed driver or application.

Remove the newly installed application or driver, There can also be hardware issues but it is not common. I suggest you boot into safe mode and try [right clicking] again to see if the error pops up. If it doesn't then you will easily be able to find the culprit which is causing the freeze.

I cannot guarantee this will help you but another person said it fixed his problem.

MSFN mods sorry for redirecting to another website.

Hope This Helps!