hotfix and sp1 & 2 integration

hollzinger

i have 2 copies of vista

1] vista home premium x86 dvd

2] vista ultimate x64 SP1 dvd

i used vlite to integrate all the updates and hotfixes for the x64 sp1 dvd, created iso then used that integrated disc to reverse capture

sp2 beta.

question 1) can i integrate vista sp2 first, and then integrate hotfixes, etc? would the os footprint be smaller after this method?

i guess what i am wondering is should i have all the hotfixx/updates that were issued prior to the service pack release integrated

before i integrate the Service Pack? It was painfully tedious the way i slipstreamed and i am looking for simplicity.

question 2) if i use the x86 vista sp1 integration guide, that suggests to me not to integrate all hotfix's released before sp1 release. but just select sp integration only.

so for my x86 home premium; after i create the iso with vlite, can i instal that iso image and the immediately reverse capture sp2 rc1. and then finally test it and integrat the hotfixes/updates?

let me rephrase;

if i reverse capture sp1 and i do not generalize and shutdown, but instead install sp2 then generalize/shutdown, boot xp, capture image; will the .wim be functional?

-I AM GONNA PROB TRY BOTH METHODS, BUT WOULD SAVE ME TIME TO KNOW. HOPE SOMEONE SEES MY POST BEFORE MIDNIGHT LOL

install vista 2nd partition

enter sysprep on first oobe

with sysprep still open connetct to network, go update your instalation via windows update

restart without touching the sysprep window

i also installed windows installer 4.5 standalone, reboot, don't touch the sysprep yet

once all your updates have been installed by windows update and you are left with the

sysprep on the desk top

then you can install SP2-RC1, reboot back select cmd.exe with admin privlage run compcln.exe

after that is done then generalize and select shutdown

boot into xp or whatever. before i captured my new install.wim image from the partition I also used a 3rd party system utility (auslogic boostspeed) to clean up the partition of temp , log files etc and

finished with defragmentation.

after that i captured my image and only used vlite to remove some components and create iso

i found this was very easy and alot faster then waiting for updates and drivers an such untegrate via vlite. My iso worked fine no problem, and was very effecient and best no stress ..

try it u will be surprised at how fast it works.