Help please

Bushmaster78FS

Guys, I am so fed up with this. I love the OS, don't want to go back to Vista, but this ONE problem is eventually going to make me. Help me fix it please. Websites with Flash video or other flash features, like even Google Maps, during the download of these videos causes my network connection to go "limited connectivity" Simply, connection just drops. Troubleshoot doesn't find any problems, and the only way to fix it is to enable and disable the network adapter only to drop the connection again. The way I can only watch YouTube videos are to pause the video immediately, wait until it buffered the whole thing and then watch it. If it is HQ or HD, forget that too.

Is there anyway to fix this???

If I don't go to flash sites, internet works fine.

That sounds like potentially a network or network stack driver issue. What network card do you have in that machine, what driver is being used, and did you install any antivirus or firewall software that would install it's filter driver into the network stack? Need to start narrowing it down...

I would suggest going to the Intel site and making sure you've got the latest WDDM driver for your NIC, either the Vista driver or any beta Win7 driver updates Intel may have. Also, you might want to consider forcing the speed and duplex of your NIC to match the switch port it's attached to, as I've seen switch ports that were poor at auto negotiation cause this behavior as well.