Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

JenniferArden

Shell32.dl_

Hi all,

A strange situation recently developed when creating a custom XP CD. I Nlite as usual, which includes settings, hotfixes and addons. I know certain hotfixes modifies shell32.dll and I know XPize also modifies shell32.dll, thats why I nlite, then xpize and lastly replace shell32.dll with my own customized version in the i386 directory. But lately when I do this (like I always have) my shell32.dll is replaced by an older version, which is impossible but it happens. All I can suspect is that somewhere there is another shell32.dll in the source files that replaces my shell32.dll in the i386 directory for unknown reason during installation of XP. I have (and always do) turned OFF SFC in Nlite.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you for reading.

Jennifer

Do you cab your modified "SHELL32.DLL" to "SHELL32.DL_" before you copy it into I386?

If don`t, do you delete the original "SHELL32.DL_"?

We should take a look at your "Last Session.ini", especially at the Addons and Hotfixes.