Physx Slipstream question

famkehoopers

Hi all,

When I slipstream NVidia driver in Windows XP, during setup, it will show a prompt asking wich language I choose for the Physx driver.

I do not want to see that question, like it will automatically press enter and select default (English). How can I achieve that?

Because, I have a question-free slipstream except for that one prompt :-)

Help is appreciated. Thnx.

Just like I do all the drivers, with driver integration in Nlite.

Sorry, famkehoopers, I was giving you a hard time over words. I think of slipstreaming as applying to SPs and hot fixes and integration to drivers. I have not heard of this before. Have you performed a search of this forum for possible solutions? Please post a link to the drivers, so we can take a look. I notice you are not using Fully Automatic Unattended mode. I don't think that will correct your problem, but you might give it a try. I hope you are using a virtual system (e.g., VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free)to test. Enjoy, John.

Thanx for your reply. Yes, I use VPC 2007 to test everything. So far it's perfect except for that one question :-(. Will try the fully automated mode. Should it work, I'll report. If I find another solution I will also post it.

Maybe with some command line option it'l work.

These are the drivers: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/181....nglish_whql.exe

Oh and btw, can't use VPC to simulate this problem. It does not install the physx driver because it does not detect an NVidia card... :-(

Edited by famkehoopers

famkehoopers, my curiosity got to me this afternoon, so I went to the nVidia site and DLed a 64 bit (I'm running XP x64) driver package and it turns out to be the 64 bit version of yours. I have built an ISO and am installing that on VMware Server as I type. I am glad you told me you get no error on VPC and I will also get no error. I am learning much from this, thus my curiosity. I suspect your problem is that the driver is English and your system is Nederlands (Nederland). I have extracted the driver package and I think the PhysX is really a software package that is installed along with the nVidia driver. I have run the installer (instmsi.msi) buried in the driver on my VM and it installs and uninstalls just fine. There is a switch to make it totally quiet (/qb). But I do not get the language error message - probably because my Windows is English (ENU). I think PhysX_9.09.0010_SystemSoftware.exe is the PhysX package that is run from nv4_disp.inf, but I can't figure out how. My install on my VM is past the last boot and I have receive no errors or other messages. I'll let you know what I learn as I continue to look around. Enjoy, John.