Wsus 3 on Server 2008 constantly downloading?

eyeball

Hi everyone,

I have server 2008 with WSUS 3.0 installed. I have performed an initial synchronization and as far as i can tell there is nothing left to synchronize. However I can see that the network is still being utilised, If i run tcpview i can see a connection to cds122.sea9.llnw.net

which seems very strange. However if i run procmon i can see that files are being written to inside the WSUSContent folder.

Can anyone help me work out what this is please?

P.S its pretty much a clean install, it has been running less than a week

Thanks

Thanks for the reply, yeah I just selected english and specific packages. I only selected to download what we need.

The thing is it doesnt say "synchronising in progress" and give the percentage like it did on the first synchronisation just nothing yet its downloading :}

Edited by eyeball

Hmm the free space is decreasing so i guess it is still downloading updates. I'l give it some time then post an update on here.

Thanks for the help :)

EDIT: I Failed to notice the huge part on the main page of the wsus console that says "download status". It has quite a way to go yet. Its been so long since i setup a wsus server, I believe it was a sus or a wus server last time i did this, I forgot after synchronisation you have to download the files. :blushing:

Edited by eyeball