Messed Up...

TRJX

Okay, So my computer got virused up and I asked a friend what to do (He has a computer science degree)... My computer wouldn't turn on in the end, was pretty messy...

He sent me through a new copy of Windows which installed itself fine.

Now, it seems he neglected to remember the fact that not everyone is as good with computers as he is and therefore I am no in a complete state. My computer turns on and I can just about do as much as play solitaire, and it's entertainment value has it's limitations. Also I do not think that I can adequately pass a Uni degree with mad solitaire skills.

I cannot connect to the internet, or set up a connect. I cannot get any sound. I cannot basically do anything. (On a friends computer)

Now I'm assuming it's something to do with the drivers, and I am sure they are on the disc I was given, but as computers are not my first language in any sense of the phrase, I am somewhat lost.

Wondered if anyone had any idea's on what I can do to sort out the mess I seem to be creating the more I attempt to sort it out.

Any idea's would be fantastic, I'm not exactly in a position to refuse anything.

you probably right that you are just missing drivers but without knowing more about your PC, we cant tell you what drivers to use.

if your pc is from an OEM (Dell, HP, Gateway, Acer, etc) you can usually find drivers under the support section of that companies website if you dont have a disc that came with the pc with the drivers already on it.

if its a homebuilt PC, then unless you know the manufacturer and model of all the components, youll have to use something like this to get a snapshot of the system:

http://www.halfdone.com/ukd/

(use a pen drive or other removable media to get it to the machine)

Ohhhhhhhhhh thank you. I was trying to remember the manufacturer of the computer and I couldn't remember because it was my brothers before mine....

It's Acer. I don't know hardly anything about my computer - Bad effort on my part huh?

Thank you very much.

I'll try an sort out some drivers now.

Cheers!