Browser + Adobe Flash Player + MSN problems.

RathcoM

Alright so i am running Windows XP Pro Service Pack 3, and I am still having this flash collision ever since September of last year!

The problem is that whenever i am watching a video on any browser (Firefox, IE, Opera etc.) on youtube or anything that requires flash, and i get a popup from MSN (Someone messages me or someone comes online) the browser will crash.

I have recently reformatted my computer, and the problem is STILL THERE!!

I have essentially tried everything to fix this problem, and the only thing that helped was installing Adobe Flash Player 7, but it is very limited as many websites require an updated version of flash to view videos etc.

If you need any more information on my computer specs or anything let me know

Thanks for any help.

Try this..

1. Copy these instructions to Notepad/Word (anything that does not use Flash)

2. Download http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe and save it to your Desktop or somewhere you can find later.

3. Close ALL browsers, text messenging clients (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Windows Live Messenger, MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, anything that uses Flash.)

4. Run uninstall_flash_player.exe. This will remove Adobe Flash Player from all browsers on the system.

5. In the end of the uninstaller, do not quit yet but click "Show Details". If there are any log lines that begin with "Delete on Reboot..." then you'll need to reboot.

6. Download http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...h_player_ax.exe and save it to your Desktop or somewhere you can find later.

7. Download http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flash...lash_player.exe and save it to your Desktop or somewhere you can find later.

8. Close ALL browsers, text messenging clients (Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, Google Chrome, Windows Live Messenger, MSN Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger, Yahoo Messenger, anything that uses Flash.)

9. Install install_flash_player_ax.exe (Do not reboot yet if it prompts you to).

10. Install install_flash_player.exe (Do not reboot yet if it prompts you to).

If that works, that's good... but if not, please provide information about your version of Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera etc.. that will help us help you better.

Or you could just disable those notifications in Windows Live Messenger/MSN Messenger... :whistle:

Hey ijwcomp,

I appreciate your help, and i did try what you said (numerous times before) and unfortunately the problem is still there..

More info:

I am using Firefox 3, Windows Live Messenger (9), and IE 7..

The problem occurs with any version of MSN above 6.2, which i am guessing is the time they started using flash..

Any more help is extremely appreciated, thanks!