Automatic Activation

Well, my base CD is a Dell OEM... I know when I would install with it, it would automatically activate Windows with its built in key without internet connection to contact Microsoft... I am not using the CD on the computer that I got it with so it acts like a normal install disc without auto-activating. I have gotten my hands on that key by looking through some files (can't remember which), and was wondering if I could integrate that key into Windows and have it activate the way it does on the computer it came with. I don't remember when it happened but the OEM keys no longer work when activating the normal way with an internet connection so I can't use the key to activate unless it does the auto-activation and I really do not want to buy a copy of Windows as it is EXTREMELY difficult to find a new WinXP copy.

EDIT:

Oops... I posted in the wrong section. I meant to put this in the Unattended WinXP section... please move to the proper section. If you can't, please still answer it as if it was in the WinXP section.

Edited by Suterusu

the type of activation that is being performed when you install on the system this installation was designed for is called an OEMBIOS activation which means of course that its tied to the bios of that machine type. OEM licenses are not transferable from one machine to the next. If you discuss circumventing that on these forums, you are in violation of Rule 1. I understand that you probably didnt know that before posting so im just gonna close this topic and we wont have anymore discussions on circumventing the OEM EULA.