Kerberos Errors

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but will give it a go. I have created a mini-setup using setupmgr and have then used Sysprep to prepare the machine. After a re-boot I have connected to Windows Deployment Services and created a image of the build which I have then uploaded to WDS ready to be deployed. This all seems to work fine and the image deploys as it should do. I have since noticed that on all of the machines that I have deployed the image to I am getting errors in the system event log, they are as follows:

Event ID: 4

The kerberos client received a KRB_AP_ERR_MODIFIED error from the server host/'Domain'. This indicates that the password used to encrypt the kerberos service ticket is different than that on the target server. Commonly, this is due to identically named machine accounts in the target realm ('Domain'), and the client realm. Please contact your system administrator.

The machines are running XP Professional Service Pack 3. I have tried removing a machine from the domain and renaming it and then re-joining the domain but that did not do anything. I have also tried changing the SID but still with no success.

Hope I have given enough details and someone can help.

Thanks,

D

I would have suggested removing from the domain, renaming and then rejoining the domain. But as that didn't work, I don't know what else to try. That said, the command "netdom reset computer_name /domain:domain_name" has worked for others. :blink:

Edited by FAT64