One program adds runonceex commands that partially overwrite my list

One of the following programs modifies my second runonceex procedure by changing title to "Windows update" and deleting last entry (that calls other files)

Do you know which one of these? Or can you tell me which one isn't surely doing that?

RUNOX1.CMD

---------------

sound blaster xp update plus SW synth

force aspi

asio4all

tweakui

unlocker 018

crap cleaner 021

registry mechanic 04

hdtune 025

registry cleaner 043

bulba 2006

spybot 016 plus definitions

synch backup 032

hexedit 025

-calls next runox and reboots-

RUNOX2.CMD (this appears changed)

---------------

windowsmediaplayer10

quick time alternative 026

real alternative 015

rad video tools 019

vlc 092

gordian knot 035

dvd shrink 032

winamp 05

foobar 2000

anvil studio 2003

Edited by phaolo

nothing stands out aside from the amazing amount of remarks, but they are harmless to noone but the reader :lol:

What runs directly before the reboot that returns to a 'windows update' runonce window? what are the remaining keys?

Eh lol I like to comment a lot so I'll be able to easily modify the ISO in the future

runox02A.cmd -->runs directly before the reboot that returns to a 'windows update' runonce window

runox03A.cmd -->is the affected runonce

The cause could be one program that adds a runoceex install part and runs it directly with rundll32.exe or after next reboot.

I'm doing tests in the VM, but it seems I can't replicate the problem in non-setup environment (strange)

Do you know which software can't be the source of the error, so I remove it from the "suspects"?

I must say that Wmp10 seems the possible origin for me.. but I don't have proof

Edited by phaolo

my wmp install is stripped down so i cant answer the question. But you could just make that the only line in the cmd and run your wmp10 package, even on your working box all you have to do is uninstall it afterwards.

I tried to lauch both runonceexes in an already installed virtual OS, but I cannot replicate the problem (why!?!).

I'll have to redo Windows setup in the VM from start and look for hints in the registry keys.

Sigh.. :}

I'm not very sure if WMP10 is the problem as the overwriting happens in its same list. To do so the setup should relaunch "rundll32.exe iernonce.dll,RunOnceExProcess" command and that would be a weird choice. It must happen in runoex2.cmd or in the OS as iamthekay suggested.

I used a clean copy, but after discovering that the default runonceex title (without the key) is "Windows Update" I think I'll redo from start (I've set it! :wacko: )

Edited by phaolo