Unrecognized Version with Windows XP SP3

shafeeq

shafeeq, who says the version is unrecognized? Please post the a screen shot of the error message. More information is always better than less. Also, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Make sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

Thanks for replying.

nLite reports that the version is un-recognised. The error comes up after it finishes dumping the files from the CD to the C drive. This was the first time I was working with nLite so everything was fresh :-)

I am attaching a screen shot. No last-session.ini got created.

I was able to work with an XP-SP1 CD and then slipstream SP3 -- no problems there.

Shafeeq

post-226890-1231818037_thumb.jpg

shafeeq, I am not aware that you can DL Windows from MS. Are you sure this is a legal copy of Windows? Give us a link, so we can look at it. Please post a screen shot of a Windows Explorer view of your folder. Enjoy, John.

Hi John,

We get MS software from our Enterprise / Volume Licensing agreements download-able for authorised users from http:\\licensing.microsoft.com

Attaching the screenshot as you requested.

Regards,

Shafeeq

post-226890-1231903449_thumb.jpg

shafeeq, looks OK to me. The only thing I can think of, did you get a good DL? Did it come with a hash code such as MD5? If so, did you check to make sure it was good? Have you tried to make an ISO out of the folder and see if it will install? You would need an ISO builder and CD write SW, because nLite won't recognize your source. I have seen others here having success with VLK source, but I don't know if it was DLed. Let us know, thanks, John.

Hi John,

The download was an ISO and converted to CD. Did multiple builds of the CD; but havent downloaded the ISO again. Will do that next.

Thanks for your help. Will let you know if I have success.

Shafeeq