IE7 slipstreaming

There seem to be various methods available for slipstreaming IE7 (plus related updates if possible).

In case it makes any difference, this would be on a Multiboot DVD for Windows XP SP3 with RyanVM's Post-SP3 pack slipsreamed and WMP11 slipstreamed (using boooggy's slipstreamer).

HFSLIP and nLite appear to be the main contenders.

Can anyone explain the pros and cons of either of these (or any dedicated slipstreamer that's available but that I've missed)?

I've not used either HFSLIP or nLite (I prefer to know as much as possible about what's gone on to build up my AIO-DVD!).

Thanks

-- deadbug

Hello,

I used VirtuallTek's nLite Add-On Maker to slipstream IE7 into my XPSP3 installation CD. it will create a cab file for you then use nLite to add the cab to the installation cd. It worked awesome and didn't add much to the installation process.

I hope this helps.

I've ended up using nLite - all I needed to do was point it at the OS to fiddle with and tell it where the IE7 fix lived.

That seems to have done everything I needed (IE 7 shows up after the install).

Thanks for the input.

I've ended up using nLite - all I needed to do was point it at the OS to fiddle with and tell it where the IE7 fix lived. ...

total noobie^2 here -- I know (or ... think I know!) how to point nLite to OS files (CD dump) (first nLite screen, or so) but where do I tell nLite where the IE7 fix is -- does it go in with all the regular "hotfixes"?

If I might ask, what does the IE7 "fix" you are using look like? Is it a single msi, or a group of cab files like the admin install for IE6sp1?

Edited by Molecule

total noobie^2 here -- I know (or ... think I know!) how to point nLite to OS files (CD dump) (first nLite screen, or so) but where do I tell nLite where the IE7 fix is -- does it go in with all the regular "hotfixes"?

Yes, if you mean what I think you mean.

Fire up nLite and get to the Task Selection screen.

Click on Hotfixes, Add-ons and Update Packs.

On the next screen, hit Insert and point it at your IE7.

If I might ask, what does the IE7 "fix" you are using look like? Is it a single msi, or a group of cab files like the admin install for IE6sp1?

Mine is a 14.7MB file, IE7-WindowsXP-x86-enu.exe. Straight off the MS site (somewhere), I think.

Bear in mind that this is what I did but it is the first time I've tried out nLite so who knows what's actually happened :-)

That said, I had IE6 before doing this and IE7 afterwards, so it must be at least partially correct!