No stations detected in MCE

Hi I have been a happy user of MCE in the UK for several years now but recently decided to upgrade to a 'Dual Tuner' DVB Card and am now having problems.

I have an HP Media Centre PC which previously had a Hauppauge Analogue tuner card which controlled an external Digital Tuner via the IR with signal fed back in via the yellow phono connector.

I have removed and uninstalled this tuner and installed a Kworld DVB-T PC160 card in its place.

The K world card installed fine and for checking purposes worked with their hypermedia software, detecting all of the available stations.

However, when I uninstalled the Hypermedia software and switched to the MCE environment, no stations are detected.

Can anyone figure out what I'm doing wrong, cos it's supposed to work seamlessly?

Hello, I don't have an answer for you but I had the same problem following an automatic update from Microsoft! I had Windows MCE installed and was able to view the UK freeview channels. Installed the update, rebooted and no more TV! I rescanned and everything pointed to the channels being there but I couldn't access the TV Guide which made me suspicious - hey presto! no TV channels :realmad: Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have Nero 7 Ultra loaded and I use that now to view all the UK freeview channels - so don't be too hasty to blame the hardware, it's just possible that those nice people at Microsoft have &%**$£$ your system. Sorry I can't offer a more concrete solution but I found this worked for me. Best of luck.

Hello, I don't have an answer for you but I had the same problem following an automatic update from Microsoft! I had Windows MCE installed and was able to view the UK freeview channels. Installed the update, rebooted and no more TV! I rescanned and everything pointed to the channels being there but I couldn't access the TV Guide which made me suspicious - hey presto! no TV channels :realmad: Anyway, I was fortunate enough to have Nero 7 Ultra loaded and I use that now to view all the UK freeview channels - so don't be too hasty to blame the hardware, it's just possible that those nice people at Microsoft have &%**$£$ your system. Sorry I can't offer a more concrete solution but I found this worked for me. Best of luck.

Problem is that it doesn't work after performing a factory reset, but plug in the old card and everything works fine.

Have received no support from KWorld, wouldn't recommend their products in future.