Slipstream dotnetfx into WinXP

I am trying to create a Windows XP setup disk for my Aspire One that is slimmed down to the core. I have slipstreamed all post-sp3 updates using RyanVM, but I am also wanting to make an unattended install that includes the dotnetfx (1.1, 2.0, 3.0, 3.5) with included service packs, directX, and my own programs. I am using the guide located on this site, but with Google searches I cannot get the answer regarding the dotnetfx dropped into my XP setup disc. How might I add each of these frameworks unattended?

Edited by The Forum Troll

I found this topic a few topics below, however, I understand about half of what is being said. I am going on a few errands right now, but I am going to read up on these methods later today to see if it fits the bill for what I am trying to do, but can someone please explain in a little more ignorrant-friendly way how to do this?

I use the all in one x86 pack link given by Strel, but with nLite. It works great. Haven't had a problem.

You can also extract it and install it manually that way as well after the installation instead of integrating into the source.

let me get this right: i download the .NET Framework All In One x86 addon and use nlite to integrate it into my XPSP3 disc, it will make it up to date regarding .NET Framework?

EDIT: i've just tried doing what i asked and i get an error "This is not expected type of hotfix"

Edited by chyronn

let me get this right: i download the .NET Framework All In One x86 addon and use nlite to integrate it into my XPSP3 disc, it will make it up to date regarding .NET Framework?

EDIT: i've just tried doing what i asked and i get an error "This is not expected type of hotfix"

Yes, you can download the .NET all-in-one x86 addon and use nLite to integrate into XP SP3. You should not extract the .7z file. Just add the .7z file to the link of updates.

No problems here for me.

Where did you donwload from what it couldn't be integrated?

from the post you listed as "various possibilities 1. 2. 3."

EDIT: it works fine. integration took less than 20s. i had extracted the file instead of just putting the 7zip file

Edited by chyronn

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the all_in_one pack from Ryanvm and ran it as a servicepack in nLite. It processed (although twice a pop-up appeared about switches and command line usage). By all accounts it processed correctly with no errors produced. I burned my disk and installed Windows without issue, yet when I go to windows updates it still shows the .net 3.5 SP1 and family update (231MB) and I have to sit through that excruciatingly slow download and update.

I thought the all_in_one pack was supposed to include this update as well?

I've read other methods and frankly I don't understand all the hoops I have to jump through to get this to work. Is there a dummies guide to doing this, somehting in plain, step by step English so I can get all the .NET packs slipstreamed in?