Firebird

To the admins/mods sorry if this is in the wrong forum

I am just copying the files extracted from the zip file (downloaded from mozilla.com) to $Progs\MozillaFirebird. I am curious how to add extensions. I am not sure how they are installed really. I use firebird and installs them and all, but does it write any registry settings? (I don't think so, but who knows).

I see where the extensions (.jar) are put $Progs\MozillaFirebird\chrome. I also noticed in the install.log that each folder with files is "Registered"

Tabbrowser Preferences (version 0.4)
    ----------------------

** initInstall: 0
    [1/8] Installing: C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird\chrome\tabprefs.jar
    [2/8] Register Content: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/content/tabprefs/
    [3/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/en-US/tabprefs/
    [4/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/fr-FR/tabprefs/
    [5/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/de-DE/tabprefs/
    [6/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/nl-NL/tabprefs/
    [7/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/sv-SE/tabprefs/
    [8/8] Register Locale: jar:resource:/chrome/tabprefs.jar!/locale/it-IT/tabprefs/

Where is it registering and how can I do that manually? Or, is it that I can just copy my C:\Program Files\MozillaFirebird directory and just have it copy over during my unattended and all my extensions are good to go?

What role does the profile directory have? I have installed Flash 7 and noticed a plugins.dat file.

Thanks in advance for an shedding of light in my direction

]Bonkers[