Integration of IE7 fixes?

tcostin

I'm trying to make a 2008 year-end edition of WinXP 32bit. I've managed to integrate SP3, WMP11 and all its associated fixes, the vast majority of XP packs (KB898461 and KB956391 refused to integrate and they run as separate installers, but I can live with that; everything else went into the source), as well as base IE7. However, I am not able to integrate any of the IE7 fixes into the source using nLite (I've tried both at the same time as IE7 or after). I've tinkered around and I can modify the source manually to include them, since they just update some of the IE7 files. Even though they don't show up when I run WU, I might be missing some odd registry setting - not to mention that I'd like the process to be as close to painless as possible for the future. Has anyone run into something similar?

Regards & thanks in advance,

- TC

tcostin, please attach (not paste) your Last Session.ini. Be sure to always start with a fresh copy of your CD files/folders, do all your work in one nLite session and integrate only one SP. You should place hot fixes to IE7 after IE7 in your hot fix list. How did you do it "at the same time"? All hot fixes should integrate except KB956391, which must be integrated later. You can use the RunOnce exit to do this - use switches /Passive /NoRestart to achieve a silent install. I don't know why your other one failed. Please post a screen shot of your error. Enjoy, John.

I usually integrate Windows XP in this order:

- Service Pack 3 (nLite)

- Windows Media Player 11 (boooggy's WMP11 addon) + hotfixes for WMP11

- Ryanvm's Update Pack for SP3

- IE7

- Updates for IE7

- Random fixes etc...

It always worked for me..

Sometimes I use OnePieces IE7 Addon.. (http://www.wincert.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=1737)

In that case I would do it:

- Service Pack 3 (nLite)

- Windows Media Player 11 (boooggy's WMP11 addon) + hotfixes for WMP11

- Ryanvm's Update Pack for SP3

- OnePieces IE7 Addon (OnePiece IE7 WinXPSP3 v2.5.1 AddOn ENU)

- OnePiece Repair IE Cosmetic Problems Addon (OnePiece_Repair_IE_Cosmetic_Problems_AddOn.7z)

- Random fixes etc...

Hope this helps...