how to get back printer drivers?

Guest 753159

HELP!

i mistakenly removed the HP laserjet 4+ drivers from my vista U x64 install and i can not add this printer to my machine!

i have gone to HP's website, but they tell me that the drivers are built into vista.... well, they are - i just dont have them in *my* copy of vista.

how can i extract the drivers from the stock image?

or better yet, can anybody provide me with a link to the HP drivers in question? its a LaserJet 4+ i have vista Ultimate x64

-- thanks!

How did you *remove* them? vLite?

1) If you, option 1 is to vLite again with the drivers included. You should have the original DVD; I'm sure you didn't throw it away.

2) Option 2: search online for them. You say you can't find them? Impossible. Search with google rather than hp website. As common as hp printers are, you wouldn't have a problem finding them.

i was hoping to avoid vliting again... as i have everything set up perfectly now (~15 hrs of getting all my work applications installed and configured properly)

I did use Vlite to remove the drivers, cant i just pull them off the original disk? does anybody know where they are?

and as for your second point... that's what i thought, until i spent an hour looking; through google, no less.

Well, due to the magic of WIM image files, you COULD get the original files off the old Vista disc. You would just need to be willing to put in the time and effort to learn how to mount WIM images. I know all the tools are in the WAIK pack, but these tools will make life easier. Once you get the image mounted, the drivers should be hiding out in Windows\system32\DriverStore