Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide

CUSTOM

First of all I want to say that I did not post this article here to serve as any form of advertisement.

It is merely intended so that the nLite crew can have a look at it and improve this excellent piece of software even more!

This is a Forum I came across that is written by "Bold_Fortune" and he seems to know a lot about what he is talking about.

In his guides he mentions a couple of flaws and problems you might encounter when using a program like nLite and XPLite and tells you exactly what and how to strip down your XP installation files without getting any problems now and in the future.

Here's the Forum's URL: Slimming Down Windows XP: The Complete Guide

Please go have a look and post here what you think about it.

Greetings

CUSTOM

Edited by CUSTOM

A few things...

The MSFN community is very familiar and friendly with Bold_Fortune.

Bold_Fortune is not Fred Langa.

Please don't submit a post more than once.

There are options other than nLite or Bold_Fortune's methods...everyone has different requirements.

Welcome to MSFN! :hello:

This is a Forum I came across that is written by ... "Bold_Fortune" and he seems to know a lot about what he is talking about.

There's a reason he seems to know what he's talking about. Look for some of his past posts. He's spent a lot of time examining what files go with what Windows components, and documenting names of DLLs. But have a look in the nLite forum wayyy back and see other MSFN members' experiences with posting to his site. He's not into component removal before installation (that's one reason he took down his batch files for a while). There is a bigger back story but if I were to be truthful about the matter it might be viewed as badmouthing him. Suffice to say that Nuhi, Vorck, and joedeboek all saw his project when he started it.

As for Fred Langa, you might let him know about MSFN; he would do well to read all of the content here.

I will post this in all the sections of this Forum it belongs and where I think it is needed.

No, that's called spamming. Don't.

Thanx for the great help and info, very much appreciated!

I have fixed the naming problem.

Don't worry I wont Spam the forum, I just added it under the General discussion as well but you can remove it if you wish. ;)

I just want to say that you guys are excellent and you treat new guys a lot better than other forums. :thumbup

Keep up the good work!

Greetings

CUSTOM