XP Desktop PC lost connection to Internet

frogman

I am posting this for a friend as they appear to have lost their connection to the internet using Internet Explorer.

Let me explain, their operating system is XP, and they have a wireless router, their ISP is tiscali, they have 2 laptops that connect, and they connect to the internet fine, it's the desk top PC that has lost connection.

They have resored XP back to a certain time, but that hasn't helped, and I am not sure if this has restored it to the point before the tiscali tech came and connected it up.

Is there anything they can do to get the desktop PC back connected again.

Any more info required please let me know.

Can you use ping, nslookup, etc to resolve names and IP addresses from this machine? What does ipconfig /all say it's IP address is, and is it a valid IP address on the friend's network? Also, if it is a valid IP, what DNS servers are configured?

Can you use ping, nslookup, etc to resolve names and IP addresses from this machine? What does ipconfig /all say it's IP address is, and is it a valid IP address on the friend's network? Also, if it is a valid IP, what DNS servers are configured?

Thanks for the reply,

When I see them next I will check this out.

Merry Xmas :D