*BEEP* After WinXP Logon

sieni

*normal boot up*

*WinXP(Pro) Logon screen*

*sieni enters his password*

*Jingaling Windows start up song, which is unkewl*

*BEEEEEP ERROR sound*

I've tried googling around a bit, and what I've done so far is checked my administrative logs (System and Application logs) and ran MemTest, but neither helped(meaning no errors that would explain what has happened). So as I hope my reenactment explained my situation, I get an annyoing windows error beep right after the Windows Start Up Song, and I have no idea why it is happening.

I just upgraded my computer with 2gigs of ram, a new sata-hdd and a new gfx card. I also OC:d my processor, but with such a minimum amount that it atleast shouldn't affect anything.

Just for the record, I have 2 HDD in RAID0 now and 4gigs of ram.

The error beep started happening completely suddenly. I had installed all windows updates and everything was running fine. Then something went wrong with my firewall (Eset Smart Security), it didn't let me use any web browser while on, after I fixed it is the approximate time I started hearing the beep, but I'd guess it has nothing to do with that, perhaps I only now noticed it as I usually use earphones.

DXDIAG:

http://paste.servut.us/4ry5

Can anyone help me?

--

EDIT: I think the screen flickers just a bit during the error beep.

--

EDIT2: It could be a coincidence, but I had a crypt32 error around 6am(gmt+2)...

--

EDIT3: http://paste.servut.us/y1e2 <-- ntbtlog.txt

--

EDIT4: Confirmed, processor OC had nothing to do with it.

--

EDIT5: Pretty sure that it's not a RAM prob. Disabled fast boot in bios and let it check my memory. Reported it to be fine.

--

EDIT6: Installed WinXP from scratch, problem solved. I win.

Edited by sieni

Nope not solved,

but now I'm sure it has something to do with windows update.

Ran Service Pack 3. No error beep.

After that, Windows update, and installed all primary updates,

restart,

*windows song* -> *BEEP!!!*

Is the beep constant or is it a single beep or is it multiple beeps?

Is it the exact same time that the beep occurs after logging on or is it random?

Have you checked your temperatures of your CPU and GPU? I suspect a GPU overheat, but your pc system speaker would alert you to a possible overheating on the CPU if it is set in the bios to set off an alarm after a certain temperature.

I assume that you upgraded to a Core2Duo or a Core2Quad. You haven't provided any information about specific hardware you have so it's an assumption.

If you have an Intel CPU then download CoreTemp to monitor your temperatures. Anything over 60 and you might have found your problem as most bios alarms dont have options for less than 60 degrees C.

If your ram was overheating or under strain from the OC then you would probably find windows would crash rather than make noises.

If you have OC'd the cpu in the past too much without adequate cooling or with too high a vCore then you might have permanently damaged the CPU and/or the CPU on-die temperature sensor.

For now I would :

1. Check the cpu temperatures

2. Check for spyware and remove anything found

3. Remove all but 1 stick of RAM and make sure you have set the correct vDimm for it as incorrect setting will increase instability

4. Check the bios for temperature alarms, usually under PC health or possibly under an overclocking menu

5. Let us know what graphics card you have so we can suggest temperature monitoring programs (& maybe updated drivers for the card)

6. Check you have supplied adequate power to the graphics card....if it has 2 pci-e power connectors, supply power to them both

7. Make sure you have plugged in the extra power connectors to the motherboard for both the CPU 12v and the pci-e 12v (if the manual states you need to) if you haven't already

Provide hardware specs and results from the 7 steps above for more help.

Oh and after re-reading your post it's not just a modified windows xp startup sound in the control panel is it?