can I use BDLive with a bluray drive in my pc?

ceez

Hello everyone,

Didnt know what section to post this on, sorry mods, please move if necessary.

I just purchased a bluray player and a video card that is hdcp ready. I am connecting this to my 42" toshiba lcd via hdmi....cant wait to get my vid and brplayer...

now to the question, if i get a bdlive disk can I use its features since I am online with my pc?

thanks for the info!

ceez

BluRay Live requires a player that supports the feature - so if the BR player in your PC supports it, then yes. It's not something intrinsic to the BR disc though, it also requires the player software to support it.

So does the software needs to be bdlive compatible, the br drive or both?

I purchased the following br drive ? from newegg and nowhere does it say bdlive "ready". I even compared it to an expensive SONY drive that they have and that one doesnt have it either....heck, the cheaper LG is even faster than that SONY

I am going to get cyberlink powerdvd 8 which supposedly not only comes with br support but also bdlive support.

I know it wont make or break br to have the feature, but it's nice to know that in case there's some kick a$$ br bdlive disk out there that i'll be able to benefit because obviously i have it on my computer and should be able to access the content via my internet service.

thanks again,

ceez

:thumbup