Does anybody know an unattended uxtheme-patcher?

AlBundy33

As the topic says - i'm looking for a tool that patches the uxtheme.dll to use unsigned themes in windows xp.

I know that I can integrate the patched uxtheme.dll in windows-cd or use n-lite or something else.

But I really need a tool what I can integrate with WPI in my CD which is fully unattended and don't shows any dialogs like windows file protection or something else.

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Al

But how you will do this?

Only copy does not work - at least the themes-service must be terminated (no problem) but if the service is terminated some application can have a reference to the dll - so it is not possible to copy the new one.

Next problem: this method does only work with one version (e.g. XP SP3) - I wouldn't work on other XP-Versions (maybe SP1).

--> I integrate WPI into my XP-Install CD but have the possibility to run WPI on every machine.

The trick is not to delete it, but to rename it.

Put this into a bat file.

xCACLS "C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll" /E /G shadow:F /Y
REN *.dll *.bak
ren C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll *.dll
ren C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll uxtheme.dll.bak
COPY "uxtheme\uxtheme.dll" "C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll"

On the first line, replace "shadow" with the user for the computer.

You are going to need xCACLS which you can download Here

You need to install it and then take xCACLS.exe and put it in the same directory as the bat.

You have to also make a folder called xtheme in the same directory as the bat and xCACLS. Place your patched uxtheme in the uxtheme folder.

In the end it should look like this.

kby4ns.jpg

And then if you want no windows to pop up, you will have to compile the bat into an exe.

Bat to exe converter

http://www.f2ko.de/English/b2e/download.php

@ZileXa: I don't want to replace the file in XP-source. I will install the patch on demand.

@x-Shadow-x: Is the line really necessary: "xCACLS "C:\windows\system32\uxtheme.dll" /E /G shadow:F /Y"? As far as I know I should have all rights on this files (but i'm currently not sure).