Problem with directx websetup

Plusshal

Hi!

I have a very annoying problem with the DirectX websetup. Every time I try to use it to download the very latest DirectX updates, I got an error message: "Setup could not download the file. Please retry later or check network connection".

I also noticed that after running this web updater, a new "msdownld.tmp" folder is created on my partition with the biggest free space.

Somewhere I heard that this web updater is always try to use the partition with the biggest avalaible free space. Is this true? How can I force this web updater to use the main partition?

Ok. I know that the DirectX redistributable package can solve this problem, but I have some software which requires the very latest directx updates. And these updates are available with this updater only.

I went through the DirectX Diagnostic Tool tests. No error found.

Edited by Plusshal

With billions of moolah, MS can't get the web setup or download server to work correctly or something.

Whatever it is you need from the web setup can be found in the latest redistributable, they are the same thing except the web installer being a little more intelligent to download only what's needed/not already installed.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en