HELP! Unnattended windows XP professional?

Ummm. I formatted my computer, and ive installed this new windows program. Then an internet window came up when it said setup will complete in approximatley 13 minutes. Its still like this and hasnt changed for the past 15 minutes, i dont know how im on the internet, but could anyone help me?

Im not too good with computers so yeah...

I just wish itd change from 13 minutes to something else so i know its not crashed.

But the loading bar at the bottom keeps moving up and down so i really dont know ><

Thanx. some reply fast! I dont know how long i cant sit here without getting more bored D:

No one online? xDD

Gahh, im gonna have to format again and just stick to windows xp ;/

Butt! Before i do so, i just wanna tell you guys this.

Ive been meaning to anyway for a while xD

My brother built my pc together, well most of it, so its not a bought one and i cant just ring up the people so they can fix it.

But like atleast 2 times a week i have to format it every morning coz when it gets to the loading screen it restarts.

And i havent been able to get sound on it for agesss, i have c media ac97 thingy, and its allways got a yellow "!" on it. Ive done everything to fix that but it just wont.

If anyone knows what i could do that would help xD

If your computer is restarting after a format or while installing windows there might be a hardware problem. First thing i'd check is memory, did you install any new memory? Test your memory with this. If you have a floppy disk, just download that and install it on the floppy, if not you'd have to do more stuff. Read the guide on that site or ask here for more info if you don't have a floppy drive.

For your sound, you have to install the drivers for it. Find the CD that came with your motherboard then install the audio drivers.

No one online? xDD

My brother built my pc together, well most of it, so its not a bought one and i cant just ring up the people so they can fix it.

But like atleast 2 times a week i have to format it every morning coz when it gets to the loading screen it restarts.

And i havent been able to get sound on it for agesss, i have c media ac97 thingy, and its allways got a yellow "!" on it. Ive done everything to fix that but it just wont.

It won't work because there is no driver for it.

You need to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website (i'm assuming you have onboard chip) and download the sound driver for the motherboard model.

Also, why are you formatting 2x per week? Does it work at all? When does it stop working?

Spontaneously?

Immediatelly after a software install?

Long time after software install?

If you want an answer you have to be specific, and provide as many details as possible about what is causing the issue, when, and on what kind of hardware.

Not just: "I have a computer and it restarts, I don't know what to do you guyz!"

No one online? xDD

It won't work because there is no driver for it.

You need to go to the motherboard manufacturer's website (i'm assuming you have onboard chip) and download the sound driver for the motherboard model.

Also, why are you formatting 2x per week? Does it work at all? When does it stop working?

Spontaneously?

Immediatelly after a software install?

Long time after software install?

If you want an answer you have to be specific, and provide as many details as possible about what is causing the issue, when, and on what kind of hardware.

Not just: "I have a computer and it restarts, I don't know what to do you guyz!"

More specific? .__.

Okay, i turn it of at night at about 10-11pm

Next morning i try and turn it on, and it constantly restarts when it gets to the windows loading screen.

Thats all there is too it.