Nlite said "customization finished" now what do I do?

morph99

I used a RyanVM Onepiece update pack found on RyanVM's forum for the hotfix integration. And I used the SP3 service pack.

So now I guess I have a folder on my harddrive with all the necessary updates and things. Do I make it into an ISO somehow? I want to make a bootable windows installation disk with all the hofixes and SP3 on it. I did it before but I forgot how to get it on the disk. I use PowerISO for making bootable disks but how to go from folder to ISO ? Thanks. Or do I need to at all?

Oh, I guess I should have checked "create bootable ISO" as one of the tasks to do. NOw, I just start nlite back up and make sure that session is loaded with that correct folder and make an ISO ?

Edited by morph99

awesome just created an ISO with Nlite and the burned it to a disk. Hopefully it works. How do you know if all the hotfixes went through okay? Is the only way to tell by using microsoft update website and checking that? Hell yeah, I just saved myself probably 2 hours of painful installations. My installation folder is 687 mb. I didn't remove anything because I don't know how to do that yet.

Edited by morph99

morph99,

The updates will not show up under Add/Remove, so yes, checking against Windows Update is the best idea. BTW, you can burn a CD/DVD directly (no ISO) with nLite - use pull down list. You should also consider a virtual system (e.g. VirtualPC, VirtualBox, VMware Server - all free) for testing.

Enjoy, John.